This trip was was very special because we were able to establish the programs that were successful and we found other needs that were almost crucial for immediate assistance and help.
1. The establishment of the Living Christ Orphanage. Rosemene the director of the school in Madeline had just taken in 21 orphan children without the ability to house them and feed them properly. We immediately took their photos and information and planned on setting up a sponsorship program for the orphans when we returned to the states. As you will read on the (Living Christ Orphanage) web page that is listed and see the photos of the conditions they were living in, you will see why it was an emergency situation. This was heartbreaking and we also immediately brought Marie Noel the pastor's wife to see and give us her Haitian oppinion of the orphanage. She gave us a recommended feeding chart that should be used as a guide in feeding the children.
2. We interviewed several of the small businesses that were set up in April, and were very pleased with most of them. We also interviewed more women who wanted to set up a small business in the future.
3. New students for tuition assistance were interviewed. We will try to find them sponsors when we return to the states.
4. The feeding program was established in D'Ouvray and continued our support in Terrier Rouge which will be under Marie Noel.
5. Several new school benches were paid for the Living Christ School in Madeline and we helped deliver some finished benches to the rural school of D'Ouvray.
6. We were able to find out problems of a water storage tank for another missionary and photograph it for him.
7. We also bought pigs for more families.